7.24.2012

hot-rod.

all people should be jealous of my car.
seriously. it's magnificent. the quintessential dream car. 

yea right!

i am sporting the red-neck car of the century and have been since i was sixteen.  clearly its only been just a few, 8 years, but who's counting? fortunately my car ages well and has gotten better in it's decrepit age of 17. but its a good car. promise.

when my car, chevy lumina, entered my world... it was white but the paint peeled off as easily as dried glue peels of your hands.

in its better years it looked like this:

 at one point the entire roof and front hood had no paint whatsoever.  i am now kicking myself for not documenting all the stages of my car's life.  i should have taken a picture!

in case you haven't noticed... this car is ugly. and hot. no a/c makes me a toasty warm girlie in this car.
but.

its a good car. i promise.

the day after i got my license i was rear-ended by a minivan.  now, not only was it mortifying that i finally convinced my parents to let me drive without them, i was hit at a red-light.  THEN... i had to give the police officer a teeny-tiny slip (it looked like a receipt) that states i have a license because my real one was coming in the mail.  but on top of THAT. the man who hit me? only had one leg.

so here i am, crying and angry at a man who has a physical disability.  well that made me feel great!

in the end, it was really his fault and to-this-day my license plate is still bent and my bumper is cracked and slightly falling off.  his minivan? totaled and had to be towed. sucker. 

.....

other stages of my car included a blue roof and new white paint.
it always seems to pass inspection, makes my pastor (& boss) endlessly nervous about my long trips to NY, and has never once let me down and still running running smooth at 175,000+ miles. 

.....

my latest upgrade to my car has taken it to another level. o yes.
last fall, the hubby and i decided that my car needed to be a bit more... "fun".
we painted my car with chalkboard paint!
o yes. i drive a moving chalkboard.  aren't you jealous now!?

our car debuted at our halloween church outreach: 


ready to be drawn on!


after a great night of chalking. 

yep. i love my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment